Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Two Hundred and Thirty Eighth...

Number Two Hundred and Thirty Eight:




Tastebuds American Bistro, Dinner, Bacon wrapped shrimp with Hanover tomatoes, cucumbers, lavender potato salad and blue cheese vinaigrette



So I was sitting around the house, after not having band practice, and the baseball game being cancelled, wondering what to do for dinner. Then, the writer-guy in me decide that I wanted to go to a bar, sit and read the last of the submissions for Richmond Macabre before my meeting with Beth on Saturday, as well as Noah about possibly doing the cover.

My first thought as I biked was Dots, but that tends to get crowded and loud, perhaps too much for trying to read. Then my other choices were The Mill and Tastebuds. Now I like them both, but I really like the vibe at Tastebuds for this intention and sure enough, bar space was available. Had a great meal, recommended by Andrew, the owner, who swayed me away from the tasty enough Chicken Marsala for the shrimp, which was delicious! As I read and ate, Tim Kaine came in for dinner, I was SO TEMPTED to ask to do a Napstache with him, but I chickened out. I mean really, HOW would you even try to explain that to him? You can't, not without some kind of diagram and web access.

On the way home a weird creature crossed the street ahead of me, it was a raccoon!



1 comment:

  1. All you had to do was offer a campaign contribution, silly.

    ReplyDelete