Friday, April 29, 2011

The One Hundred Seventieth...

Number One Hundred and Seventy:







Tastebuds American Bistro, Dinner, Sliced Sirloin with Blue Cheese Red Bliss Potato Cake, Haricot Vert & Smoked Tomato-Red Wine Sauce








Yes, this meal is worth mentioning in its entirety. I really like ALL the places to eat in Northside pretty much equally, but some days you just really LOVE places. Tonight was right on with Tastebuds. Such a great restaurant. Go, really, I recommend it.

I called around 5:30 to see if we could get a table at short notice, they recommend reservations on the weekends. Andrew, the owner, answered. This place is family run and the waitstaff is awesome and friendly. I asked if we could still land a table, he said it would be fine and that it wouldn't be too busy tonight because of the Nascar races going on. No one would want to venture Northside as a result. I told him I live Northside, so I wasn't afraid. He laughed and recognized my name. We have spoken many times before, usually me having a beer waiting at the bar for my pizza order, so we have gotten to know each other fairly well. He loves WRIR on Sundays, even contributed dinner for this coming Sunday for the Spring Fund Drive, so good on him! (BTW, this is the portion of the blog when you shuffle your ass to wrir.org and CONTRIBUTE to some independent free radio! Please help support radio that is independent, local and cares!)

Anyway, we arrive and have a terrific dinner, familiar setting and staff and food and just great tasting, perfect for a Friday evening. Plus, the place actually started filling up, despite the rednecks trying to thwart off local eating! Yay!

Tastebudstache!

No comments:

Post a Comment