Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Two Hundred Twenty First:

Number Two Hundred and Twenty One:






Bow-Tie Cinema, Movie, Popcorn











On this Father's Day, Hope had to work, and she wasn't interested in going to see a movie anyway, so Lisa and I went to see Super 8. A kind of E.T. / Goonies / Stand By Me movie by J.J. Abrams. Not bad, a nice matinee flick that isn't a sequel or franchise like so many movies are that are out right now. Hollywood is a barren wasteland, so I have to choose wisely. The previews were atrocious; Transformers - destroying a city a la 9-11, Zookeeper - man-boy tripe, Captain America - looks absolutely dumb (STOP MAKING SUPER HERO MOVIES!), and the last two I would see. Harry Potter, the last one, finally. And then Cowboys and Aliens, which YES, will most certainly fall in the ridiculous schlock category, but like I said, I think I will have chosen wisely. It IS based on a graphic novel, and it DOES look completely ludicrous and over the top! And, it's not a sequel or franchise! (Yet.) Still, when you combine western with sci-fi it should be interesting, well, unless it goes the way of Wild Wild West. Hmmm, maybe I should rethink things....

Anyway, when we came back home, Hope had left me a card that was great! Nice!


No comments:

Post a Comment